Joomla has SEO settings that can be changed to make website more optimized for Search engines and make urls more friendly for people.
We received a lot of questions about how to optimize urls, make them simple and better displayed. One of that question is how in Joomla remove index.php from url. There are the great setting - Url rewriting, with a help of it we can remove index.php and now we’ll tell you how to do this.
To enable Use URL rewriting in Joomla, you should do the following:
- Log into your Joomla dashboard
- In the left menu, click on the Global Configuration link under the SYSTEM tab.
- There are several tabs at the top of the page. If you are not on the Site tab, click Site.
- On the right side of the page, find the SEO Settings.
- Set Use URL rewriting option to Yes.
- Set “Include Site Name in Page Titles” to “After”.
- Then click Save in the top left menu.
To finish the process and make all work correctly rename
.htaccess in the root directory.
So now you know how in Joomla remove index.php from url.